Note: This feature is by request only and only available to gym and studio accounts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
As a Studio, you decide the No-Show Fee Policy for your classes. You can customize the fee value and the amount of time after a class ends that the no-show fee is processed. No-show fees are processed automatically by our system.
Your Global No-Show Fee is the default no-show fee policy that you can set for all of your classes. You can also add custom no-show fees to specific classes. A Custom No-Show Fee for a Class will override the Global No-Show Fee.
Studios can also mark class participants as exempt from no-show fees.
In this article:
How do I Set Up a Global No-Show Fee?
- To set up a global no-show fee, head over to the Tools tab and select the "Profile" option.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab.
- Find the section labeled No-Show Fee and customize the following options:
a) Charge a No-Show Fee. To set up a global no-show fee, make sure the "Charge a No-Show Fee" option is toggled on. If you do not want to set up a global no-show fee but will still be using custom no-show fees for classes, make sure the “Charge a No-Show Fee” option is toggled off.
b) No-Show Fee Effective After. Enter how long after a class should no-show fees be processed. This is applicable to both global no-show fees and custom no-show fees for classes. No-show fees are processed automatically by our system after this duration.
- To continue setting up a global no-show fee, customize the following options:
a) Apply the fee to. Choose “All No-Shows” to charge the fee to all participants, regardless of how they booked the class. Choose “Only No-Shows booked with an unlimited membership” to charge the fee to participants that used an unlimited membership to book the class.
b) Fee price. Enter the monetary value of the No-Show Fee.
- Once you are done setting up your global no-show fee, double-check to make sure everything looks correct. Then remember to scroll to the top of the page and click Save!
How do I Set Up a Custom No-Show Fee for a Class?
- Follow the steps to create or edit a virtual class or an in-person class.
- On the More Details step of the Class Creation/Edit form, there is a toggle labeled Custom No-Show Fee.
- By default, all classes will use the global no-show fee (the no-show fee settings that you set up in your profile settings).
a) To use your default global no-show fee, make sure the "Custom No-Show Fee" option is toggled off.
b) To add a custom no-show fee for this specific class, make sure the "Custom No-Show Fee" option is toggled on.
- When this option is toggled on, an option to choose who to Apply the fee to is shown. Choose “All No-Shows” to charge the fee to all participants, regardless of how they booked the class. Choose “Only No-Shows booked with an unlimited membership” to charge the fee to participants that used an unlimited membership to book the class. Choose “None” if you do not want this class to have a no-show fee.
- Continue the steps to create or edit a virtual class or an in-person class.
How do I mark a participant as exempt from a no-show fee?
Marking a participant as exempt means that the participant will not be charged a no-show fee for that class. A participant must be marked exempt within the “No-Show Fee Effective After” window.
- Navigate to the Class Details page of the class that the participant is booked for.
- Find the client in the People in Class section.
- Click on the 3 dots menu next to the client’s name.
- Click the option Exempt no-show fee.
- To undo, follow the same steps but click Do not exempt no-show fee.