Auto Record and Upload
If you are teaching on Zoom we have created a feature that allows you to auto-record your class and upload it automatically from Zoom to your Recess on-demand library.
If you are using the Recess Zoom account follow the steps below. If you are using a Personal Zoom Account, please go to this article and ensure you have your personal zoom fully set up to use the auto-record feature, and then come back here.
Auto-record features will NOT appear for EVERYONE. The feature will only work for instructors using Recess Zoom or a Personal Zoom that is a paid account. This will not work with a Personal Zoom that is a free account or with Playground.
If you have already created live or private classes, you will need to go into the classes and select automatically record and upload for each class.
- I have a recurring class. If I edit the series and add the check, will all classes in the series be uploaded? Yes
- Do I have to go back and edit all of the classes I already created? Yes
- Does this work with The Playground? NO
- Does this work with a personal zoom FREE account? NO
- Can I edit the VOD class details after the class? Yes, wait until the VOD is uploaded and then edit as you would any other VOD
- What details will my VOD have? The same details as your Live class.
- What class types does this work with? Live or Private ONLY
- When will my recorded class populate in my On-Demand dashboard? 30 minutes or less after the scheduled end of your class
- Will I have to send the zoom link to my clients? No, all zoom links are emailed to your clients about 2 hours before the class.
1. Go to your Virtual (Live) Classes page and create fill out all of the details below.
Click Next. Fill out all of your class details needed. The tag you select is where your VOD will live once your class uploads.
Click Next. Please select any packages you would like auto-enrolled into the class. Clients in these packages will be automatically signed up for class and will receive an email with the class link:
Now it's time to add some class photos! You are able to select any previous class photos or trailers OR upload new.
The last section is where we will select Auto-Record. Select the payment amount you would like for when your on-demand posts and make sure that both automatically Record and Publish & Discoverable is chosen
11. Teach the class as usual and end the zoom as usual when your class is over.
12. After class, the video will process, convert, and upload. Your auto-recorded and uploaded class will be viewable in your recess on-demand library 30 minutes after the scheduled end of your class. Once it’s uploaded, your Live Class will show up in your on-demand library.
If you have already created classes, you will need to go into your classes and select automatically record and upload for each class.
The status of your recording:
Your auto-recorded and uploaded class will be viewable in your recess on-demand dashboard 30 minutes after the scheduled end of your class
- Navigate to VOD - Video on Demand tab. (Classes -> VOD- Video On Demand)
2. The On-Demand with the same details as your Live class will be there!!
3. If you would like to edit the details of your VOD after it has uploaded, you can do so by selecting the three dots on the righthand side of the VOD, then clicking edit.