Once you have launched your class in the playground, you can connect music. Follow the steps below to connect music.
1. Open your favorite music player in a new tab in Chrome. It is important to note you are unable to connect via an app on your desktop, you must have the music playing through a chrome tab.
2. Go back to Recess.tv and press the music button in the lower left-hand corner of the page.
3. Once you've pressed this music button a popup will appear in Chrome
4. Select Chrome Tab then select the tab your music is playing from, last make sure Share audio is selected!
5. The Last step is to press Share
Now you can toggle back to the tab with your music and press play
We suggest you set your in-browser music volume to 50% volume.
Teaching with a mic
If you'd like, you can teach with an external mic (i.e., not the one embedded in your computer). We suggest all instructors wear their favorite Bluetooth headphones while teaching. This allows you to speak comfortably while teaching and gives access to our music-instructor volume toggle, which is a client favorite. The best type of microphone is one with an earpiece and built-in mic so you can hear your clients speaking to you. For more info, check out our videos How to Give Access to Mic and Camera and Setting Up Your Bluetooth Headphone With Mic!
Click on the three dots (setting button) in the upper right corner of the Playground then select Mute All. You can individually mute each participant by hovering over their video and pressing Mute.