Your gym or studio can program your workouts ahead of class or training and you can track them inside of their app. This article will cover how to track your workouts and interact with the "Player", what we call the tracking feature inside of the app.
Note: You must be using your gym or studios Recess app to use this feature.
A brief video showing you the Player experience
Viewing the Workout Program
- Your gym or studio can allow you to preview the Program before you book or only after you book
- To view the program, navigate to the schedule and click "Workout"
- The Program will be in a basic "Board" style view
- Once you are ready click "Start Session"
Using the Player
- Once you Start the session, you can easily scroll through the program to see what you'll be doing.
- If the gym offered you modifications on an exercise, you can go to those moves, click the name of the exercise, e.g., "Barbell Squat" and then choose the alternate exercise.
- Similarly, you can click edit next to the equipment
- Also, if you are doing reps or Max reps (notated as a # symbol), you can click the number and edit the number of reps
- Once you have your program ready to go, swipe to the beginning and hit start
- There are 4 timers - yes, we know that's a lot! The Player is new and we wanted to give you more data vs last. Future versions will allow some customizations.
- The timers:
- Row 1 Left Timer - Total - This counts the length of the entire program, start to end
- Row 1 Right Timer - "Card Name" - This is the timer associated with a circuit/round/card that is part of the program. This timer will count up or count down, depending on how the specific card was programmed.
- Row 2 Left Timer - "Set 1/x" - This timer tracks how long it takes you to do each set inside of a circuit/round/card.
- Row 2 Right Timer - "Move" - This timer tracks how long it takes you to do the exercise on the screen in that moment.
- Let's look at an example:
- You are about to do super sets of Squats and Push ups, and you have 5 sets to do 15mins. Also, let's call this part of the Program "Round 2"
- This is just counting how long you have been working out
- Round 2 (remember this timer takes on the name of the card)
- It starts at 15mins, because you have 15mins to complete the 5 sets.
- Set 1/5
- We are starting with set 1, and the timer will start counting up
- It will start at Zero and count how long it takes you to do the move
- We already covered some things you can change on the card but let's cover what is on the card
- This SS outlines each part of it
- Note: The Prev. Move / Prev. Set / Current labels. These are either time-based or rep based, depending on how the program was set up.
- Once you are done, click "Finish"
- Then click the "Back Arrow" in the top right hand corner
- Click "Workout" again
- Then finally "View Last Session"
- This is structured like a scorecard so you can easily see your overall performance. Great for looking at what you did last week.
Viewing Past Workouts
- Go to the Profile tab
- Then look at your Past Classes and click "Workout"